Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas


It was great to get out our Christmas decorations and see them again. Margo surprised me with a new circular mirror that she bought on sale at the BYU bookstore. It looked great behind the trees. I told her that although a surprise like a new mirror is great, next a surprise like power tools would be even better. The Christmas color was purple, so that's what all the presents were. Parker enjoyed them the most perhaps.





After driving home from Ethan's baby blessing on Sunday I surprised Margo by stopping in and seeing the Christmas lights and Temple Square. We didn't get to see them last year, so I was glad we got to this year.


Christmas was a very special time to be with both of our families. We got to spend a lot of time with both. I surprised Margo with a set of antique Christmas ornaments. I think this may be one of the best presents that I've ever given her because there's more than just the initial surprise when she opened the package. The excitement went on for another thirty minutes as she unwrapped each ornament individually to inspect their unique beauty. Margo got me a beautiful set of blue cuff links and a really nice blue cuff link shirt. I also received an awesome watch from Perry (my assigned sibling). He matched my wish list description perfectly.



One of the highlights of the break was spending 3 days, 2 nights up at a cabin near Flaming Gorge with Margo's family. The setting was absolutely perfect. We spent a good amount of time enjoying each others company, playing games, cross-country skiing, and playing with Parker. Perry took Parker for a little rendezvous on sled. If you look closely you can see that Parker is strapped into his booster chair which is strapped to the sled. He was pretty unsure of what was going on. I think the look on his face was saying "I'm pretty sure this booster seat is for indoor use only." Cross-country skiing is a pastime event for the Farnsworths. We had a good time forging trails and also taking the trail that wraps around the rim overlooking the reservoir.

No comments: