Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Savoring England

Some moments and treats beg to be savored. I'm enjoying them in memory for now and hopefully get to experience them in person again.  If you get a chance I would recommend any of these:

The sight of the fresh bread- laid out on a table in the middle of a market in the middle of a quaint English town- should stop you in your tracks and you should savor that moment. 
We stopped for this bread, in Wantage. 


And then savor what ever treat you fancy.  
We went for the poppy seed bun.


I had yet to taste the next delight or I would have been ignoring the camera and enjoy each bite of tart greek yogurt, homemade granola (to die for!), and organic honey topped with a strawberry.  
Perfection to savor in Oxford!


Put me in a field of yellow flowers, in rolling hills dotted with intense green trees and my soul sings. The lanes line with trees and covered in leafy canopies also had this effect on me.

mmm... 
Just looking at the picture makes me want to go back to Brighton for scones and clotted cream.  
Our good friends recommended we get them in England and I am now passing the recommendation along to you.  I can see the possibility that this duo may be a hit or miss kind of treat...
I think it takes a fresh scone and good cream to get it right,
We only had it once while we were there and boy was it done right!


The gardens of the London England Temple.  
I'll let you savor this beautiful moment- it needs no explanation:


No comments: