Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Back in twenty ten- November edition

November: To start the month off Erica! (a high school bff of mine) came to visit!  (And yes her name will always be followed by an exclamation point in this post because it really was that exciting and that's pretty much how I said her name every time I talked about her visit!)  It had been quite a while since I got to spend quality time with Erica! She's been at BYU-Hawaii and globe trotting since high school. Our San Fran adventures included: baptisms for the dead at the Oakland Temple, Alcatraz Island, Harry Potter #7- midnight showing, Half Moon Bay beach, California Academy of Sciences, shopping, House of Nanking (super yummy Chinese food... we'd love to take you sometime), and SF MOMA.  We had a blast while she was here... pictures to prove it:

 The next much anticipated visit we had was from Tim's mom and dad! They came on the train, which took some extra time, but was a great adventure and something Tim and I will need to do while we live here.  It was so good to have them here and to get to share time and more adventures with them.  We had a lot of fun showing them sights, from the Golden Gate Bridge to the de Young and the Oakland temple it's always great to show places we've come to love to the people we love the most.


We also enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with Mom, Dad, and our friends Jason and Emylee and their sweet little ones (Boston- 2 and Story-3 months).
It was my first Thanksgiving to plan and prepare... let me tell you I'm grateful for Tim and his willingness to help (especially with the turkey).
In the end the meal was pretty good, but it also made me more grateful for our moms and the work that goes into a meal like Thanksgiving!   Some of the food highlights:
 Red quinoa parfaits
 Apple onion stuffin muffins 
(More crispy stuffing that everyone loves! Definitely going to be a tradition)

Whipped yams (oh so good!)


Let me tell you I was basically in heaven once it all came together!

Pumpkin pie from a real pumpkin with the help from this cute guy... 
Who could not love this face? Especially with the touches of flour!

3 comments:

Dayna said...

This made me SO hungry for Thanksgiving dinner! Dang you! =) I'm so proud of your domestication. That's a word right? haha I miss you! So glad you guys had fun visitors. I love that pic of Tim and his parents in front of the bridge so adorable!

Jason McIntyre said...

Guys, thanks so much for having us for Thanksgiving! It was a blast, and so fun to see where you live, get to see SF and explore the warf with you. That dinner was as good as it looks too!

EmyLee McIntyre said...

I miss u margo! Good thing you are such a good temple goer, that way i get to see you more!